Consept® Antimicrobial Skin Cleanser
NDC #46706-112-01 Product Release - 1977
Indications and Usage
Topical, antimicrobial skin and hair cleanser formulated to prevent skin breakdown and control nosocomial infection in healthcare environments. Consept provides mild, but effective, skin cleansing for geriatric residents with tender skin. Conditioners moisturize skin to reduce dermatitis associated with easily irritated dermal tissue. Excellent for usage in infection control programs, for diabetic patients at risk of skin infection, and for cancer patients to eliminate skin odor. Low-sudsing and free-rinsing.
Consept® is an amphoteric surfactant blend. Amphoterics are the highest grade of surfactants or skin cleansers. They were developed and are utilized in baby care products due to the fact they are not primary ocular irritants. Amphoterics represent the mildest, least irritating surfactants in current chemical technology. Consept represents an extremely unique amphoteric blend with a synergistic blend of emollients. Consept promotes natural turgor and prevents dryness, scaling and irritation.
Active Ingredient: USP Chloroxylenol .5%
OTC Pharmaceutical Category - PDR Indications Listed and Updated 1992
- External Use Only. Non-Toxic, Non-Dermal Irritant.
- Non-Ocular Irritant - No contra-indications in usage.
- Draize Dermal Irritation: Non-dermal irritant (0=Erythema).
- Oral Toxicity: Non-Toxic (Title 16, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 1500.3) LD50 > 15g/kg.
- Scientific Associates/Kligman test of topical antimicrobial efficacy "Journal of Investigative Dermatology" 45: 498-503, 1965: Inhibited the proliferation of resident aerobic microflora by 98.2%
- Eye Irritation Study - 24 hr., 48 hr., 72 hr., and 7 Days Testing: Non-ocular irritant, Corneal Opacity=0, Iris=0, Erythema=0, Chemosis=0.
- Water Solubility = 100%
- 5000 ppm - PCMX
Dosage and Administration
Consept® is a skin and hair cleanser designed specifically to reduce the risk of skin breakdown and prevent the spread of nosocomial infection. Cleanses and hydrates dermal tissue. Broad spectrum in vitro action against E. coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, MRSA, and Candida albicans. Use in daily hygiene program, full body bathing including hair and scalp. Strong indications of outstanding effectiveness in treatment of conjunctivitis.
Available Product Sizes
||8-Ounce Bottles/24 per case
« Back to Products by Specialty
« Back to Product List