Care-Créme® Antimicrobial, Transdermal Cream
NDC #46706-205-04 Product Release: 1985
Indications and Usage
Antimicrobial vitamin enriched, transdermal cream specifically formulated to relieve redness and irritation. Superior, antimicrobial action destroys gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria that cause ammonia related burn/odor and the resulting skin breakdown, skin rashes, and ultimately pressure ulcers. Reduces the risk of cross-contamination which allows faster recovery and patient release. Care Creme® is designed for prevention but may be used on grades I through IV pressure ulcers. Product contains vitamins and emollients which hasten healing and provide nutritive value to skin areas with impeded blood flow or reduced circulation. Proven effective in the elimination of E. coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas, M.R.S.A., V.R.E.F., Candida albicans, etc. Excellent for use in radiation burns. Care Creme® will aid in treating the itching in atopic dermatitis and relieve redness. Care Creme® represents the alternative to use of topical, antibiotic ointments which may have unnecessary side effects and are occlusive to the wound bed.
- Oil in Water Emulsion - Antioxidant
- Active Ingredient:USP Chloroxylenol 0.8%
- Contains: Vitamins A, D3, and E, Propylene Glycol, Lanolin Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol Petrolatum, Methyl Gluceth 20 Distearate, (Skin Conditioning Agents).
- Supplies Nutritional Elements Directly to Dermal Tissue. No Dyes, Mild Fragrance, Premium Moisturization.
- Contains No Metallic Ions - May Be Used For Radiation Burn Treatment.
- OTC Drug Category/Listed PDR, 1992
- Non-Toxic, Non-Dermal Irritant, External Use Only
- No Contraindications in Usage
- Draize Dermal Irritation Testing: Non-Dermal Irritant
- Oral Toxicity: Non-Toxic. LD50 > 15.0 g/kg
- Kligman Occluded Cup Test: 99% Efficacy Occluded Site - 24 hours
- In-Vitro Antimicrobial/Zone of Inhibition Test.
- Broad Spectrum Concentration - 8,000 ppm Active Antimicrobial.
- Multi-functional Usage - Preventative cream for geriatric skin care and wound prevention programs. Use directly on stoma sites, trach sites, I.V. sites, or any skin openings to prevent or treat topical infection.
- M.R.S.A. Effective: Zone of Inhibition (Fed. Circ. 198, U.S.F.D.A.)
Dosage and Administration
Care Creme® has been proven to be safe, non-toxic and without contra-indications of usage. Vanishing cream application, rub in gently at the first sign of redness or irritation to halt additional breakdown. If used in programs of preventative care, Care Creme® will alleviate skin irritation from bacterial contamination and aid in the treatment of atopic dermatitis and psoriasis.
Blot gently into grades III - IV pressure ulcers utilizing sterile gauze to rid wound of contaminants and supply nutritive elements directly to tissue. Use for diabetic patients in all limb areas with restricted blood flow or in cases where distribution of systemic antibiotics has been impeded and topical antimicrobial action is necessary to eliminate infection.
Skin problems account for 40% of all work related disorders, and the average time lost from work in such patients is 10-12 days. Fully 90% of the cases are contact dermatitis. Nearly 25% of Americans have atopic dermatitis of varying intensity. (American Academy of Dermatology)
Available Product Sizes
||4-Ounce Tube/24 per case
||9-Ounce Jar/12 per case
« Back to Products by Specialty
« Back to Product List